Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lose Tummy Fat - Do You Believe the Weight Loss Success Stories?

Do you believe that weight loss testimonials are actually true? Of course some of them tend to be but others take us general public to be absolute morons with some of their outrageous claims. Claims like "I lost 130 lbs in 6 weeks" and there stands a beautiful female clad in a swimsuit holding a photograph of a pair of pants that she previously wore and are twice the size of her new requirements.

However, if this sort of advertising gets the attention of the people who are overweight then all well and good because it doesn't take a degree in nutrition to understand that by carrying around extra weight for any length of time can end up taking several years off of your life.

I personally got involved with the weight watchers diet program about 7 years ago. I am a non believer in a lot of these testimonials, however, I was introduced to a female who had lost 209 lbs in 18 months and she looked fabulous. This lady was working a full time job and lecturing for weight watchers evenings and weekends.

I think what impressed me was it was an easy sell because if some person can actually start on a program weighing 354lbs and 18 months later be 145lbs the program must work. Of course there were several bumps in the road on her journey but she hung in there and today she still holding at 145lbs. She made a huge sacrifice to achieve her goal but think about how much easier everyday life is for her today. She can climb the stairs, walk her pooch, and keep up an exercise routine, and that is fabulous.

At that time I was carrying about 15lbs more than I should be and after talking for a couple of hours with this person and seeing her "before photos" backed up by my friend who introduced me to her, I got involved and lost the 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I consider myself a success story here because I laid out my goals and achieved them in the time period that I had stated.

Stories like the one above are plentiful on line and hopefully this will help inspire those of you who are trying to figure out how to get back into the shape you once were. It is now time to Take Action.

Be careful of the fad diets and the diet pills and their gimmicky advertising.

If you watch any of the weight loss commercials on t/v you will see celebrities like Kirstie Alley and Oprah have weight loss stories and when these class of people mention a program they have used and have had success with, it certainly inspires the throngs to give it a try because these type of endorsements are legit.

You must remember that losing weight is not having to be a rocket scientist, its about will power and determination. It is not easy but to achieve anything in life takes time and effort and weight loss fits into these categories. Make a plan and stick to it and one day you may be able to tell us all about your weight loss success story.

No comments:

Post a Comment